Location: Skokie, IL
The Portland Cement Association (PCA), founded in 1916, is the premier policy, research, education, and market intelligence organization serving America’s cement manufacturers. PCA members represent 91 percent of U.S. cement production capacity with facilities in all 50 states.
PCA promotes safety, sustainability, and innovation in all aspects of construction, fosters continuous improvement in cement manufacturing and distribution, and generally promotes economic growth and sound infrastructure investment.
Under direction of the Director, Communications & IT, the Content Developer is responsible for assisting and executing integrated digital media programs and print campaigns focused on driving traffic to PCA channels and promoting PCA’s overall mission and brand identity. In addition, writes, develops, and curates content working with other PCA departments to optimize performance and drive association growth. This position requires excellent writing and content development skills, with the ability to work with multiple internal and external stakeholders to complete tasks on time and within budget.
- Execute a variety of communications projects and schedules to ensure that project milestones and objectives are met.
- Support the monitoring and measuring of earned and social media activity, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and other digital communication channels.
- Develop and curate content for digital, social, and print channels.
- Collaborate with internal staff and external partners to develop communications plans that support the association’s goals.
- Support content management of association website and microsites.
- Maintain editing and internal review process for communication materials to ensure they are accurate and consistent with overall communications strategies.
- Manage external vendors for a variety of creative projects in both print and digital.
- Execute e-mail campaigns for internal and external audiences.
- Maintains brand guidelines across all projects to ensure consistency and quality throughout channels.
- Capture and analyze appropriate data/analytics and insights to measure performance.
- Stay current with current media trends and new technologies.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent communication, verbal and written, skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with an eye on quality control and maintaining PCA branding consistency in printed and digital deliverables.
- Creative design and development skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and multitasking. Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superior problem solving and decision making skills.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Aptitude to understand the work preferences and motivations of volunteer committees, building positive relationships with outside vendors, and understanding the business of PCA, as well as the interrelationships between membership and growth.
- Strategic thinker, with an intuitive ability to create and implement an action plan, manage new systems, or revise old ones to reach desired goals.
- Creative design and development skills are a plus.
- Proficient in computer software applications i.e.: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Content Management Systems (Sitefinity, Sitecore, Wordpress or similar), Social Media (Sprout Social, Hootsuite) Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other applications.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- One to three years’ experience in communications, marketing, or other content development-heavy environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, advertising. Creative design, or similar.
- Senior Vice President, Communications and Corporate and Member Services; Senior Vice President of Government Affairs; Senior Vice President & Chief Economist; Senior Director, Market Development.
- Travel may include 3-5 times per calendar year. Includes some weekends and evening work hours. When not traveling, work from office location.
- This job description describes the general nature of the position responsibilities. The information provided herein does not necessarily cover all aspects of the position and is not intended to be a complete list of all expected tasks and accountabilities. Additional responsibilities and elements of the description may be added, changed or deleted by management, at any time either in writing or verbally.
Send resumes to: HR@nrmca.org
Portland Cement Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.