The Portland Cement Association (PCA), founded in 1916, is the premier policy, research, education, and market intelligence organization serving America's cement manufacturers. PCA supports sustainability, innovation, and safety while fostering continuous improvement in cement manufacturing, distribution, infrastructure, and economic growth.
Responsible for one of the primary data engines of the Market Intelligence Group. Additionally, this includes ad hoc query requests as well as maintenance and improvement to existing models in several programs. Must learn and update our dashboard on a regular basis and provide enhancement to the project. Will complete various ad-hoc research and analysis to complement the data work.
- Will be responsible for maintaining the SQL Dodge Database by keeping the tables current and accurate.
- Will generate Dodge Data related reports and data requests.
- Must learn and update our dashboard on a regular basis and provide enhancement to the project (new concept integration).
- Additional responsibilities include maintaining industry databases to support PCA allies.
- This position will cross-train among many responsibilities in Market Intelligence and serve as support in addition to primary responsibilities.
- Collaborate with Market Intelligence Group members and coordinate with other departments to leverage analytical and advocacy goals.
Evaluates and determines proper market research methods to apply to various research needs.
Develops surveys and examines deployment options.
Analyzes and incorporates estimates for insufficient or incomplete data.
Prioritizes personal workload in order to accommodate project deadlines.
Impact on Organization Mission, Vision, Strategies
Reports generated serve as the basis for industry analysis and guidance as member companies rely on accurate reporting for strategic decision making. Market intelligence provides insights to understanding emerging market trends that will help advance the industry and favorably position it against competing materials, particularly in the context of PCA's climate change road map.
Internal and External Communication
Market Intelligence Staff, Daily to weekly to discuss and plan reports, data, tactics, and analysis.
Communications/IT, Development Staff, Weekly to monthly/coordinate efforts to effectively leverage certain projects and maintain functional SQL databases.
PCA Member Companies, Daily to weekly/fielding questions on specific PCA projects as well as data requests. Sending surveys to PCA members.
Government Agencies, Weekly to monthly/questions or requests regarding data for various projects.
Allied Industries, Monthly/sharing information in mutually beneficial situations. Fielding questions relating to PCA research.
Required Qualifications And Experience
- A 4-year college degree in economics, statistics, or related field.
- Well-developed statistical and analytical skills, as well as judgment and multi-tasking abilities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with analytical and survey software, and accompanying reporting tools such as cross-tabulation and geographical presentations.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office and related packages.
General office with less than 5% travel.
This position description describes the general nature of the position. The above information is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities and cover every aspect of the position. Additional responsibilities and elements of the description may be added, changed or deleted by management at any time either in writing or verbally.
Equal opportunity employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to HRMailboxDC@cement.org.