The Portland Cement Association (PCA), founded in 1916, is the premier policy, research, education, and market intelligence organization serving America’s cement manufacturers. PCA members represent 91 percent of U.S. cement production capacity with facilities in all 50 states.
PCA promotes safety, sustainability, and innovation in all aspects of construction, fosters continuous improvement in cement manufacturing and distribution, and generally promotes economic growth and sound infrastructure investment.
PCA seeks an enthusiastic, independent, and attentive professional to provide high-level administrative support, to the organization’s Executive Committee, Board of Directors and Council/Committee Volunteers.
Reporting to the Corporate Secretary / VP, Membership Services, the Manager, Membership Engagement & Services (MMES), will be responsible for providing administrative and strategic support to the CEO, Board Chairman, and Corporate Secretary and will function as the primary contact person for the Board of Directors and associated working groups (Board Executive Committee, as well as Council and Committee Volunteers). The MMES also assists and supports all meetings and events for PCA.
This position is designed to increase communication and expand member engagement; building on the value for PCA programs, products, and services. And, to communicate directly, on behalf of the CEO and Board Secretary. Additionally, the incumbent facilitates the hard work of the Association, through the coordination and execution of sophisticated event and meeting arrangements. Such events are frequently coordinated with partner associations.
The Manager will successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including writing invitations, reminder notices, acknowledgement letters, and other correspondence, in a professional manner. Also, as directed by the Board Secretary, conduct data research, assemble, and analyze data to prepare email execution, reports and documents.
The position requires the MMES to identify opportunities, prioritize requirements, handle matters expeditiously and proactively, and to follow through to successful completion.
You will be responsible to:
- Manage and facilitate internal corporate meetings for executive staff, member visits,and staff events.
- Coordinate membership functions encompassing member recruitment, retention, and engagement.
- Manage committee and Board membership records.
- Maintain and administer member information via the CRM (currently Aptify) database, in order to generate reports for member interaction, benchmarking engagement, tracking progress, and managing governance issues, such as committee assignments.
- Work with other departments regarding programs that support Membership Engagement & Services including Corporate Services, Corporate Communications and Information Technology.
- Coordinate a program of member visits and facilitate staff champions or spokespersons for key issues identified.
- Develop and maintain Board orientation materials.
- Manages and plans all Council, Committee, and PCA meetings, and workshops.
- Coordinate meeting budgets and registration.
- Oversee and manage banquet event orders, room sets, audio visual, and staff on site.
- Manage print production of meeting and event materials with other departments including signage, brochures, handouts, etc.
- Manage event staff on site.
- Oversee registration and billing, pre and post meeting.
- Manage and monitor hotel room block.
- Summarize and present facility criteria including convention center rates, hotel rates, proposed contract and other amenities and incentives for approval.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Five or more years nonprofit management experience.
- Talent for establishing relationships with members, volunteers and partnering organizations.
- Practice and skill sets working with a Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, having solid written and oral communications skills.
- Talent for establishing relationships with members, volunteers and partnering organizations
- Overseeing and collaborating with staff.
- Having solid organizational skills, with a high level of integrity, strategic thinking and planning.
- Excellent work ethic, with a substantial degree of energy.
- Excellent communication, verbal and written, skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and multitasking. Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously. Superior problem solving and decision making skills.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Proficient in computer software applications. CRM (Aptify), Higher Logic, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other database applications.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Aptitude to understand the work preferences and motivations of volunteer members.
- Strategic thinker, with an intuitive ability to create and implement an action plan, manage new systems, or revise old ones to reach desired goals.
Reports to VP, Membership Services and Operations/Corporate Secretary.
Indirect Reports: President & CEO
Travel approximately 5-7 times per calendar year. Includes some weekends and evening work hours. Travel estimate 30-35%. When not traveling, work from office location.
This MMES job description describes the general nature of the position responsibilities. The information provided herein does not necessarily cover all aspects of the position and is not intended to be a complete list of all expected tasks and accountabilities. Additional responsibilities and elements of the description may be added, changed or deleted by management, at any time either in writing or verbally.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, a 401k, and flexible spending to name a few.
The Portland Cement Association is an equal opportunity employer
Interested candidates please submit resume and cover letter by clicking https://cement.recruitpro.com/jobs/109844.html