Manager of Membership and Meetings
Reports to: VP, Membership Services and Operations/Corporate Secretary
Department Name: Membership Services
Location: Washington D.C. or Skokie, IL
The Portland Cement Association (PCA), founded in 1916, is the premier policy, research, education, and market intelligence organization serving America’s cement manufacturers. PCA promotes safety, sustainability, and innovation in all aspects of construction, fosters continuous improvement in cement manufacturing and distribution, and generally promotes economic growth and sound infrastructure investment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, independent, and attentive professional to provide high-level administrative support to the organization’s Executive Committee, Board of Directors and Council/Committee Volunteers.
Reporting to the VP, Membership Services and Operations/Corporate Secretary, the Manager of Membership and Meetings (MMM), you will be responsible for providing administrative and strategic support to the CEO, Board Chairman, and Board Secretary and will function as the primary contact person for the Board of Directors and associated working groups (Board Executive Committee, as well as Council and Committee Volunteers).
The MMM also manages and supports all meetings and events for PCA. The MMM will identify opportunities, prioritize requirements, handle matters expeditiously and proactively, and follow through to completion.
You will be responsible to:
- Manage the CRM Database;
- Coordinate membership functions encompassing member recruitment, retention, and engagement;
- Conduct member committee representation canvass in order to determine the level of engagement and awareness and to establish a benchmark for measuring future progress;
- Manage committee and Board memberships;
- Work with other departments regarding programs that support Membership Services including Corporate Services, Corporate Communications and Information Technology;
- Develop meeting budgets and registration;
- Oversee and manage banquet event orders, room sets, audio visual and staff onsite;
- Manage the print production of meeting and event materials with other departments including signage, brochures, handouts, etc.;
- Mange and facilitate internal corporate meetings for executive staff, member visits, and staff events, while negotiating ongoing facilities contracts (current and future);
- Travel to investigate potential sites once the city is determined and assure that the proposed site meets all of the conference requirements.
- A Bachelor’s degree;
- 5+ years, senior nonprofit management experience;
- Proficient in computer software applications (CRM (Aptify), Higher Logic, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other database applications;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and multitasking.Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.Superior problem solving and decision making skills;
- Strategic thinker with an intuitive ability to create and implement an action plan, manage new systems or revise old ones to reach desired goals;
- Capability to influence and negotiate on behalf of PCA for beneficial results.
- Willingness to travel 30-35%.When not traveling, work from your home office location.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, a 401k, and flexible spending to name a few.
The Portland Cement Association is an equal opportunity employer
Interested candidates please submit resume and cover letter by clicking https://cement.recruitpro.com/jobs/102819.html