Sept. 12-15, 2016
PCA Campus, Skokie, Illinois
Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures has been the cement and concrete industry’s primary reference on concrete technology, since PCA published the first U.S. edition in the early 1920s. The current course, based on this industry standard, reflects the latest advances in concrete technology.
The result: a fast-paced, three and a half day program, developed especially for concrete industry personnel who need fundamental yet practical concrete knowledge. This course combines classroom instruction, lab demonstrations, and hands-on training to help employees meet customer needs.
What We Will Cover
• Materials Fall course outline
• Properties of Concrete
• Mix Design
How You Will Benefit
• Design, prepare, and test concrete mixtures
• Observe first-hand how chemical admixtures and supplementary cementing materials (SCMs) are used to enhance concrete proportions
• Discover how construction practices and weather impact concrete strength and durability
• This course can be used for credit toward PDHs and CEUs.
A discount room rate starting at $134 per night is offered at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago-North Shore/Skokie
. The special room rate will be available until Aug. 19 or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
PCA Member Price is $1,595, Non-Member Price is $1,745
Register for the course
Contact PCA Director, Concrete Technology Michelle Wilson.