PCA Sustainability Summit 2023
August 22-24, 2023
PCA recently hosted a virtual Concrete Sustainability Summit with updates on the Roadmap to Carbon Neutrality
with content for all stakeholders in the value chain.
Recorded presentations can be viewed by clicking the link below for its corresponding presentation.
DAY 1 – August 22nd
- Introductory Remarks – Mike Ireland, President & CEO, Portland Cement Association
- Washington, DC Policy Fireside Chat – Andrew Mayock, Federal Chief Sustainability Officer, Sean O'Neill, Vice President, Government Affairs, PCA
- Industry Insight by Massimo Toso and Eric Holard – PCA Climate and Sustainability Chairs
- Introduction by Adam Swercheck – Clinker Task Group Leader
- CCUS Update – Industry Panel Discussion
- Danielle Flagg, Sargent Lundy
- Andrew Baxter, Chart Industries
- Corwyn Bruce, Heidelberg Materials
- Technoeconomic Analysis of CO2 Capture Cement Plant Retrofit – Eric Grol, NETL
- National Carbon Capture Center Update – Frank Morton, NCCC
DAY 2 – August 23rd
- Introduction by Nick Popoff – Cement Task Group Leader
- Optimizing PLCs and other Blended Cements – Jason Weiss, Oregon State University
- Harvesting Fly Ash for Beneficial Use – Ross Gorman, SEFA Group
- Decarbonizing Cement and Concrete Sector – Radhika Lalit, Mission Possible Partnership
- Introduction by Jim Mack – Concrete Task Group Leader
- The Concrete Industry’s Drive to Net Zero Carbon Panel
- NRMCA’s Sustainability Initiatives – Lionel Lemay
- ACPA’s Paving Sustainability Initiatives – Eric Ferrebee
- ACPA’s Concrete Pipe Sustainability Initiatives – Trygve Hoff
- CRSI’s Sustainability Initiatives – Amy Trygestad
- PCI’s Sustainability Initiatives – Edith Gallandorm
DAY 3 – August 24th
- Introduction by David Perkins – Construction Task Group Leader
- Contractors Commitment to Sustainability – Steven Burke, Consigli Construction Co.
- Reducing Carbon on the Project Site: A Case Study (1) – Kimberly Martin, Keller, Inc.
- Reducing Carbon on the Project Site: A Case Study (2) – Robert Nussmeier and Maddie Gosser, Baker Concrete
- Introduction by Gina Lotito – Carbonation Task Group Leader
- MIT Carbonation Research Update – Hessam AzariJafari, MIT
- NIST Low Carbon Cements and Concrete Consortium Update – Maria Knake, NIST
- Roadmap Update: Progress Review – Lindsey Geiger, PCA
Please note: Sharing of recorded presentations is subject to speaker permission; some presentations may not be available.