Portland Cement Association owes its outstanding reputation to the creativity, dedication, and initiative of our staff. We offer challenging and fulfilling careers as well as a culture which promotes professional growth.
Manager, Concrete Construction and Technology
Click here for additional information and to submit your application.
As Manager of Concrete Construction and Technology, the individual will engage in programs and activities directed for the purpose of implementing the PCA Roadmap to Carbon Neutrality. Their main responsibilities will be providing technical support and outreach mainly to the Concrete and Construction links of the Value Chain and primarily directed towards the design and specification community.
In their primary role, the Manager receives direction from the Senior Director of Concrete Technology and Industry Support to develop specific actions needed to identify, engage with, and partner with key decision-makers within targeted associations for the purpose of implementing PCA’s Roadmap to Carbon Neutrality. On an on-going basis, the Manager reports their progress on those actions, recommends additional actions that may be required as a result of changing conditions, and identifies opportunities for other partnership and engagement that advances PCA’s Roadmap to Carbon Neutrality.
The Manager works closely with the product standards, market intelligence, government affairs, and communications departments to evaluate potential impacts and barriers to adoption of cement-specific materials for concrete construction.
The Manager also works closely with PCA member companies, regional promotion groups, government agencies, industry and academic researchers, and other thought leaders considering new and innovative cement-based material technology for sustainable applications in concrete construction.
Remote/hybrid with convenient access to a major airport.
- Engage with the cement and concrete allied industry organizations including AIA, CSI, CII, NCSEA, AGC, ASCC, ACI, NRMCA, State Affiliates, and PCA member companies on an ongoing basis.
- Serve as subject matter expert on concrete materials and concrete construction.
- Develop technical presentations/webinars on sustainable concrete highlighting PCA Roadmap accomplishments to various audiences through a variety of means.
- Monitor PCA sponsored research activities related to concrete construction.
- Develop and maintain cement and concrete-based standards through participation in technical committees.
- Maintain direct contact with key decision makers including public agencies, private consultants, design engineers, owners, developers and contractors.
- Provides individual PCA member company technical support related to cement and concrete standards and industry outreach.