WASHINGTON, D.C., September 25, 2023 --The Portland Cement Association (PCA), which represents the majority of America’s cement manufacturers, is proud to announce the winners of its 2023 Safety Innovation and Chairman's Safety Performance Awards.
2023 PCA Safety Innovation Award Program
These awards are given to those companies who have developed innovative practices, projects and programs that improve safety at cement plants in the United States. Broadly, this award program communicates these exceptional ideas to all manufacturers and highlights the importance of safety programs both inside and outside the industry.
Entries are judged in five areas: innovation, ease of use and ease of construction, effectiveness, and risk prevention. Four projects received awards this year. Winners were chosen by PCA’s Occupational Health and Safety Committee and other independent cement industry experts.
The 2023 PCA Safety Innovation Award recipients are:
- Distribution: Continental Cement, Continental Port Allen Terminal, Chesterfield, MO
- Quarry: CalPortland Company, CalPortland Oro Grande Plant, Oro Grande, CA
- Pyroprocessing: GCC of America, GCC Tijeras Plant, Tijeras, NM
- General Facility: Mitsubishi Cement Corporation, Mitsubishi Cushenbury Plant, Lucerne Valley, CA
2023 PCA Chairman’s Safety Performance Awards
These awards are given to member cement plants that do not have a reportable injury or illness during the year. Fifteen plants achieved this in 2023, which represents more than 10% of all active cement facilities in the U.S. and its territories. This level of excellence is achieved through leadership and teamwork.
The PCA 2023 Chairman’s Safety Performance Award recipients are:
- Argos USA, Atlanta, GA
- Argos USA, Newberry, FL
- Argos Puerto Rico Corp, Dorado, PR
- Ash Grove Cement Company, a CRH Company, Durkee, OR
- Ash Grove Cement Company, a CRH Company, Midlothian, TX
- Buzzi Unicem USA, Chattanooga, TN
- Buzzi Unicem USA, Maryneal, TX
- CalPortland Company, Rillito, AZ
- GCC of America, Odessa, TX
- Heidelberg Materials, Bellingham, WA
- Martin Marietta Materials, New Braunfels, TX
- Martin Marietta Materials, Midlothian, TX
- Martin Marietta Materials, Tehachapi, CA
- National Cement Company of California, Kern, CA
- St. Marys Cement, A Votorantim Cimentos Company, Detroit, MI
Please direct any questions regarding the Safety Awards to PCA Senior Director of Government Affairs, Tom Harman, firstname.lastname@example.org